Indian Lawyers Association is proud to be holding its first ever, Annual National Conference this December to further its mission to shape the future of the legal profession throughout India. The standout feature of the Indian lawyers association is the amount of importance that has been given to networking and gatherings to increase the inter-connectivity of the chapters within themselves as well as present the opportunity for independent councils.
To further its mission, ILA is hosting their first ever National Annual Conference at the Taj Palace, New Delhi from December 20th to 22nd, 2018.
The annual conference would be deemed as their marquee event and will attract over 1300 delegates all across India.
This inaugural conference brings together a wide range of decision-makers across the industry in India. The conference shall host over 100 chapters of different cities and give them a common space for inspiration and interaction, the conference has been designed around the parameters of panel discussions involving high level leaders from governments, private sectors, civil society, international organizations, academia and legal community.
We will begin the event in the evening of 20th December’18, with an Opening Ceremony followed by drinks and dinner.
The following two days we will host 30 panel sessions with 120 speakers from all areas of law like Corporate law, M&A, IP, Criminal, Tax, Bankruptcy, litigation, Immigration, Appellate Practice, Supreme Court Practice, Judges Panel, Starting a Law Practice, Marketing your Practice, Managing your Practice, Using Technology in your Practice, Working with Foreign Clients & Foreign Lawyers, General Counsels forum, Two top Lawyers Arguing a case, and Lawyers in Politics.
The objective behind hosting such panels is to get the river flowing in terms of academic and law discussions on trending topics, which could benefit the society as a whole. The panels shall focus on the upcoming laws and current acts which are being introduced time and again with their growing need. The society can agree at large that many changes have to be brought about the legal system in India to promote healthy growth of individuals spread across the nation.
We will also host an Award Ceremony on the final night for recognizing the hard work and goals that have been achieved by such highly acclaimed law firms. There will be a provision for awards for the recognition of law universities across the nation that have truly changed the game when it comes to law education, these universities need to be given credit where its due and need to be awarded the same.
We will end the event on a light note full of entertainment, food and music!
Participation by ILA Leaders
- Mr. Navneet S. Chugh – Chairman of Chugh, LLP
- Mr. Amar Sundaram – General Counsel, Head of Legal, Ernst & Young
- Mr. Sumes Dewan – Managing Partner at Lex Favios
- Mr. Vyapak Desai – Partner at Nishith Desai Associates
- Mr. Pranav Srivastava – Partner at Phoenix Legal, New Delhi
- Mr. Paritosh Sinha – CEO Sinha & Co., Kolkata
- Mr. Feroz A. Shaikh – Advocate, Navi Mumbai
- Mr. Anmol Bakshi – Advocate, Faridabad
- Ms. Rajashree Rajasekaran – Advocate, Hyderabad
- Mr. Ritwick Shrivastava – Advocate, Greater Noida
- Mr. Lakshay Kumar – Advocate, Meerut
- Mr. Alhad Oak – Advocate, Thane
- Mr. Aashish Kumar – Advocate, Chennai
- Ms. Nisha Nair – Advocate, Kochi
Speakers and Participants
Our National Conference will host speakers including:
- Ms. Aditi Chopra – Director and Legal Counsel, Microsoft
- Mr. Sameer Chugh – General Counsel, Airtel Mobility
- Ms. Hiya Joshi – Director and Legal Counsel, Trend Micro
- Ms. Manjaree Chowdhary – General Counsel, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Mr. Manish Lamba – General Counsel, Bharti Realty Limited
- Mr. Yogesh Wadhwa – Alliance General Counsel – India at Renault-Nissan
- Mr. Nalin Joshi – Head Legal, HDFC Bank -UP
- Ms. Ojasvita Srivastava – General Counsel, GG4s
- Ms. Meeru Gupta – GM – Legal, Philips Health Care
- Ms. Shweta Girotra – General Counsel, PayTM
- Mr. Nitin Mittal – General Counsel, Philips Lighting
- Mr. Anupam Sharan – Sutherland Global Services
- Ms. Neera Sharma – General Counsel, MTS Systems
- Ms. Shalinee Kulshreshtha – General Counsel, Pearson India
- Mr. Ashok Maheshwari – VP & Head Legal, KCT Ltd.
- Mr. Ranbir Singh – General Counsel, NDTV
- Mr. Anuranjan Prasad – Director-Legal, Baxter India Pvt Ltd
- Ms. Parveen Mahtani – General Counsel, Tata Housing, Bombay
- Mr. Naveen Raju – GC & SVP Group Legal, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, Mumbai
- Mr. Ranjan Kumar – Director Legal & CS, Carlsberg
- Mr. Sachin Kalra – General Counsel, Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Mr. Navodit Mehra – General Counsel, Samsung Phones
Topics For Panel Sessions
1. Corporate law
9. Appellate Practice
10. Supreme Court Practice
11. Judges Panel
12. Women in Law
13. Starting a Law Practice
14. Marketing your Practice
15. Managing your Practice
16. Using Technology in your Practice
17. Working with Foreign Clients & Foreign Lawyers
18. How to become a Partner & Rainmaking
19. General Counsels forum
20. Finance for Lawyers
21. Pro bono
22. Two top Lawyers Arguing a case
23. Career Guidance for Students
24. Lawyers in Politics.